From: Rachel Leket-Mor
Subject: Call for Papers Association of Jewish Libraries 2012 Annual Convention
Association of Jewish Libraries
Research Libraries, Archives, and Special Collections Division Call for Papers, 2012 Annual Convention
The Research Libraries, Archives, and Special Collections Division (RAS) = of the Association of Jewish Libraries is soliciting paper proposals for = AJL's 47th Annual Convention in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, = California. Librarians, archivists, scholars, educators, authors and = others will meet to share their interest in Judaica librarianship, = Jewish literacy, and related topics.
We solicit paper proposals on all aspects of Judaica librarianship as it = is practiced in research libraries, archives, museums, and special = collections. Examples of appropriate topics include, but are not limited =
* Future of libraries in the context of Jewish Studies;
* Technological developments and tools used in higher education =
libraries, such as cloud computing, academic social networks, or e-book = platforms;
* Special and rare collections;
* A special theme this year is Jewish life in Los Angeles: we welcome =
presentations about local institutions, libraries, archives and museums, = as well as programs celebrating Jews in Hollywood, the history of the = Jewish community in California or the Israeli community in Los Angeles.
* Collection development practices and policies, patron-driven =
acquisitions, and the print book culture;
* Best practices for library operations such as licensing, copyright, =
cataloging and processing of print, electronic and non-text materials;
* Best practices for user-oriented library services such as =
interlibrary loan, virtual reference, or teaching information literacy;
* Collaborative programs among AJL libraries or chapters;
* Round table discussions are welcome.
Submissions should include the following: presenter's name, address, = affiliation, telephone and email contacts; brief biography; title of = proposed presentation; summary of proposal; and specific technology or = equipment requirements, if any.
All submissions must be received by December 31, 2011. Please submit proposals by email to: ajl2012la [at] gmail [dot] com,or by mail to:
UCLA Library Cataloging & Metadata Center
11020 Kinross Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7230
President, Research Libraries, Archives, and Special Collections = Division (RAS) Association of Jewish Libraries =